Sunday, July 27, 2008

Trip to Bear Lake

I started my vacation for 10 days last Friday, and Jeff had to work all weekend, so I decided to pack up the kids and go up to Bear Lake with the kids and my family. My aunt and uncle's family have a cabin up there. It was about a 3 hour drive. Am I slightly crazy to take the kids alone? I say yes, but the kids were great on the drive up! (We will talk about the drive back later :) )Collin slept about 2 hours, and Jayden slept over an hour. That evening we relaxed and hung out with the cousins at the cabin. Jayden was in seventh heaven being with her cousins. They watched a movie that evening, and she then decided to sleep in a twin bed with me rather than with all of her cousins. Fun! I had Collin in his car seat next to me. He had been awake for a long period of time that evening so I assumed that he would sleep so well! Boy was I wrong! He woke up at 12, 3, 4:30 and 6:30. At 4:30 I decided he would sleep a little longer laying next to me, so all 3 of us were sleeping in a twin bed! Good thing we are all small! The next morning we got ready and went down to the lake. It is such a beautiful aqua color, the pictures don't do justice! Jayden went out in the water, and something (probably seaweed) touched her foot, and she freaked out thinking it was a dolphin. I had to explain that there aren't dolphins in the lake, so she decided it was a fish. My cousin went out into the water with a plastic bat and pretended to "kill the fish" so she wouldn't be scared, but that didn't work. It was very entertaining to watch, and defiantly worth it! She enjoyed sitting on a tube being pulled around in the water. We took her on a tube ride pulled by the boat. It is a tube with 3 places to sit, so she was on my lap in the middle, with my brother and his girlfriend on the sides of us. She loved it. After her ride my brother and I decided we wanted a more adventurous ride. Our first ride we skidded outside the wake behind the boat, and I got dumped off. It was so fun! We decided to go on one more ride, and wow, it should go in the record books. We again were outside the wake and we hit a huge swell that popped us up clear in the air. My family in the boat said they could see the bottom of the tube, and I was above that flying high in the air. They said I was about 8 feet in the air before I hit the water! It was quite the adventure! Oh the best part? My brother stayed on both times! What a punk! We stayed at the lake for close to 5 hours, Collin also did great hanging out in the shade.
That evening we went into town and got delicious shakes. That night we had a bigger bed, and Collin only woke up at 4 and 6:30. We had another great breakfast, and packed up and came home to my cute husband! The first hour of the ride home the kids were whinny and tired, but they both fell asleep until we were a few minutes from home, so it worked out great! We missed Jeff so much! We were so excited to get home to him, and missed him on our trip, but defiantly enjoyed it!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ben and Darci said...

Wow you are such a great mom to do that with your kids. Sounds like you had a great time too! You are a true adventurer :)